Cadet Equipment List
Use this list to prepare and pack for encampment. The uniform/requirements are the MINIMUMS (unless otherwise stated). Please do not attend encampment without the quantities listed below. All of your items MUST be marked with your last name. YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE ITEMS AT ENCAMPMENT.
BRING a hard copy of the CADET SOI above.
1 binder, notebook paper, pens, pencils, erasers, ruler, highlighters.
- 1 Each BDU/ABU Blouse with Wing patch (optional), Name tape, CAP tape affixed
- 6-8 Each Black/Sand T-shirt, Crew neck
- 1 Each belt - dark blue/black with black buckle & black tip (BDU)
- 1 Each belt – sand utility belt (ABU)
- 1 Each Short Sleeve Blues Shirt
- 1 pair USAF Blues Slacks or Skirts (female)
- 2 t-shirts white v-neck or u-neck
- 1 Each Flight Cap with insignia
- 1 Each belt, dark blue with silver tip & silver buckle
- 1 Pair Dress Socks, Black
- Shoe shine kit (canned polish only, NO EDGE DRESSING or liquid polish allowed)
- 1 set CAP uniform insignia and backers for BDUs/ABUs and blues
- 1 set black sweats for PT (shirts and pants)
- 2 sets black shorts for PT (summer)
- 1 pair gym, tennis or running shoes
- 8 pair athletic socks for PT
- Athletic supporter (male) or sports bra (female)
- Camelbak hydration system REQUIRED!
- 1 web belt, green, no suspenders
- 8 pair underwear (and bras for females)
- Shower shoes (mandatory) (sandals or flip-flops recommended)
- Swimsuit for shower (optional)
- 1 pair combat boots, black, plain toe (THESE MUST BE WELL BROKEN IN)
- 1 Pair shoes, black, oxford smooth leather or Corfam® (patent leather), low quarter, plain toe (if possible)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste/mouthwash
- Bath soap in plastic container
- Razor and shaving cream or electric razor (if needed)
- 1 sleeping bag and extra sheet and pillow
- Feminine hygiene products
- Sunscreen (must be used daily) – high SPF recommended
- 1 Spiral notebook and 5 pens and pencils
- CAPM 39-1, CAPR 52-16, AFMAN 36-2203 Drill and Ceremonies Manual (suggested for staff only)
- Hair dryer and hair care products (if needed)
- Rain poncho (clear, brown, black, green or camo)
- Blister kit (foot powder, band-aids, Neosporin, moleskin pads or roll, and hand sanitizer) in a zip bag
- Digital or Disposable camera (optional)
- CURRENT CAP ID CARD, CAP 101
- Regulation haircut (mandatory) Females should bring extra clips, hair bands, hair net, and hair spray
- 1 Flashlight with extra batteries
- Prescription (must be in original container) and Over-the-Counter Medications (in original containers)
For LandNAV & Emergency Services Training
- 24 hour pack should be preferably red or orange
- webbed gear, or other SAR/Survival Vest (T) acceptable.
- First Aid Kit: - stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof container, recommended that it consists of the following:
- 2 Antiseptic cleansing pads
- 6 Band-Aids, various sizes
- 1 Triangular Bandage or piece of clothe measuring 36" x 36" x 51"
two pair minimum
◻Survival Kit, stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof
container, consisting of:
○ 1 Chemical Light Stick, Green (T)
○ 12 wooden, waterproofed matches (T)
○ Match container, waterproof, with striking surface
○ 50’ of nylon line (paracord or similar line).
○ Duct tape, 5-10 feet
- does not need to be a whole role.
○ Leaf bag, large
◻ SAR Equipment stored in zip-lock bags, consisting of:
○ Work Gloves, leather
○ Flagging Tape, 1 roll
○ Flashlight (with red or blue lens),
○ spare bulb
○ spare batteries
○ Lip balm, with sunscreen.
○ Sunscreen lotion
○ 4 Moist Towelettes, clean, in foil wrapper
◻ Compass: lensatic or orienteering (orienteering preferred)
- Compass Pouch, containing.
DO NOT BRING TO ENCAMPMENT:
Knives/scissors, portable electronic devices (unless otherwise approved by Commander), unauthorized medication, lighter/matches, explosives, tobacco, ammunition, tapes/CDs/DVDs, alcohol, flammables, cash in excess of $30, cellular phones, food/drink (candy, soda, snacks, etc.), weapons of any kind, alarm clocks, magazines, video cameras, or video games
UNIFORM PROCUREMENT LOCATIONS
You can secure uniform/equipment from the following locations: 1. Your home squadron. 2. Commercial sources such as: Vanguard (www.vanguardmil.com) or Glendale (www.paradestore.com).
Many of the non-uniform items can be purchased at a Dollar Store.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE WEEK BEFORE ENCAMPMENT TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY ITEMS. PLAN AND ORDER EARLY!